TPU and TPV basically refer to similar materials, both of which are thermoplastic elastomers. TPU is a substitute for PVC. TPU is not a plastic but a resin. The advantage is oil resistance, cold resistance and anti-aging. The performance is dozens of times than that of PVC.
The English name of thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer is TPU for short. It is an elastomer material with excellent performance. Compared with PVC materials, the main differences in appearance are as follows:
1. The transparent TPU will have a yellow bottom after a long time. PVC generally has two kinds of blue bottom and yellow bottom.
2. TPU has a wide range of hardness, from shore A 60 to shore D 85; PVC hardness generally ranges from shore A 30-120;
3. TPU wear resistance, low temperature resistance, oil resistance, chemical resistance, and resilience are better than PVC;
4. TPU has excellent environmental protection and safety performance, and does not contain banned materials such as plasticizers and phthalates, while PVC has environmental problems;
5. TPU products smell no smell, while PVC products have a strong pungent smell.
TPU has an aromatic smell when it burns. This is better. The TPE component contains TPU, and the surface feels better.